The Northern Virginia Test Automation Interest Group holds monthly meetings, generally on Wednesday evenings, at Herndon-Reston area facilities.
6:30 - 7:00 Networking, food.
7:00 - 7:30 Each attendee introduces themselves and discuses their test automation interests/news/challenges/successes.
7:30 - 7:40 Announcements from attendees re job openings or re seeking work.
7:40 - 8:40 Presentation or Discussion Topic
8:40 - 9:00 Follow-on discussions
The meetings are participatory and discussion-oriented:
- Meetings often include informal discussion-oriented presentations.
- Meetings are technically oriented at times (and may include showing and discussing code). Example topics: unit testing, automation programming languages, tool specifics, vendor presentations, load testing, code coverage.
- Some meetings are less technical and more oriented to design/strategy/managment subjects related to test automation. Topic examples: choosing a tool, when is a project ready for test automation, open source vs COTS, build vs buy, ROI, how to find a great automation engineer, automation estimation, etc.
- It is expected that attendees will contribute actively to the discussons and be willing to discuss (in general terms, or, if possible, specific terms) past or current automation experiences, challenges, and successes.
NOVATAIG President: Rick Hower
Copyright 2008-2014 Northern Virginia Test Automation Interest Group
Northern Virginia Test Automation Interest Group
March 2014 Monthly Meeting
Topic: Test Automation in Continuous Delivery - Roundtable discussion
The March meeting will be a roundtable discussion on test automation considerations in
Continuous Delivery. Subtopics may include:
* Continuous Delivery (CD) vs Continuous Integration (CI) vs 'Other'
* How does a CD approach affect test automation?
* Automation considerations in each part of the delivery pipeline
* Configuration items, feature toggles, etc and test automation impacts/considerations
* In CD should all testing be automated or not - and what are the impacts/considerations?
* Tools for test automation in CD
* Experience reports
When: Wed. March 19 2014 6:30 PM
Where: On The Border Mexican Grill
Reston (see Registration
Page for location map & menu)
Cost: None, other than whatever you wish
to spend on food/drink.
Please register -
Meeting registration page